Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bench ceremony in memory of Garvin Tootle Thursday

Edited to add: Lion Jim Stark passed around an envelope at the Sept. 27 lunch meeting and collected $400 toward a fridge or freezer for Fishline!

Our Lions club purchased a bench for Fishline in memory of Garvin Tootle.
There will be a bench ceremony tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 27, at 1:30 p.m., right after our regular weekly meeting.

Please plan on joining us at Fishline for the presentation; and, if you have a red "Garvin shirt," please wear it.

Bench Ceremony in Memory of Garvin Tootle

Here's an email from Poulsbo Mayor Becky Erickson:

Thank you all for thinking of Garvin. I know that I miss him every Wednesday. Garvin used to call me or shoot me an email every week about what Fishline needed….(almost always peanut butter!!) and I would announce it at Council.

I miss him very much….his gruffness and compassion.

B

Rebecca (Becky) Erickson
Mayor, City of Poulsbo

Starting to garden

Two groups of library daycare children screened for eye issues

  Our vision screening team went to the Poulsbo Library twice recently. A total of 20 kids in the daycare were screened, with 6 being referr...